The simple search or the advanced search boxes are the two
entry areas of the IGB
Click the « Search » button on the left of the screen to get to the
Use the keywords list to perform your search.
Peculiarities of search for
It is important to note that :
- The full text search engine indexes all text data of the
bibliographic records (such as titles, abstracts or the
- When entering one or more keywords, you only can use the
boolean operator AND. It retrieves records containing all of the
words it separates.
- You can include the wildcard * ( for example, type admin* to
search for all words starting with these letters).
- The system is neither case-sensitive (capital
letters/lower-cases) nor it allows special characters such as
- Use the quotation marks to look for a group of words (for
example « social capital »).
- You can't use the boolean operator OR
Once you have performed your search, click the « OK » button (or
the « Enter » key). The search results will be presented as a
Use the the pagination bar (at the top or the bottom of the screen)
to browse the list of records.
You can go directly to a given page of the list and choose the
number of results to be displayed.
In order to get more information about an item, click on the
link of this result.
The pagination system at the top and the bottom of the record
allows you to navigate through your results one by one without
returning to the full results listing.