The IGB international scientific committee was set up in March 2000.
It is in charge of guaranteeing the scientific policy of the database and making sure it evolves.
It meets every two years.
The members are :
- J.-P Besancenot, CNRS Research Director
- H. Clout, Professor at University College London (United Kingdom)
- G. Faÿ, Lecturer at the University of Paris 7 (France)
- A. Lefebvre, IGB Cataloguer (France)
- C. List, IGB Coordinator (France)
- J. Lombard, Director of the UMR PRODIG and IRD Research Director (France)
- C. Vandermotten, Professor at the Free University of Brussels (Belgium)
- Y. Veyret, Professor at the University of Paris X-Nanterre (France)
- J.Wilmet, Emeritus Professor at the Catholic University of Louvain (Belgium)