IGB

Connexion

(Article of periodic en Anglais - 1982)

Document title

The influence of local winds and the southern North Sea on the level of the River Thames

Authors(s) and Affiliation(s)

THOMPSON K. R. ;

Abstract

Subtidal changes of the level of the River Thames are examined over the period September-October 1973. Almost 98 % of the total subtidal variance can be accounted for by a spatial mode describing uniform changes of level at all tide gauges. This mode is due to changes of the level of the southern North Sea into which the River Thames flows. The remaining 2 % of total variance can be almost completely described by a tilting of level.

Source

Article of periodic

published at : Coastal and Shelf science s.l.

Editor :

Millesime : 1982, no15 [pp. 605-610]

Bibliographic references : 4 réf.

Language

Anglais

Refdoc record number (ud4) : 12184344 : Permanent link - XML version
Powered by Pxxo