IGB

Connexion

(Article of periodic en Allemand - 1976)

Document title

Strukturwandel des Oberschlesischen Industriereviers unter den Bedingungen einer sozialistischen Wirtschaftsordnung The changes of the industrial structure of the Upper Silesian Industry district on condition of a socialistic economic system

Authors(s) and Affiliation(s)

BUCHHOFER E. ;

Abstract

Main item of this study is the development of the industrial structure of the Upper Silesian Industrial District in the postwar period since 1949. After the extremely condensed industrial area World WarII was incorporated-nearly undamaged-into the new socialist Polish state in 1945. The dominant aim of economic growth has been pursued since 1949 by means of different strategies as for industrial location planning. The leading party authorities mostly tended-according to the rigid principles of a "socialist location theory"-to achieve a quasi "even" distribution (Engels) of industry over the country. This policy led to relative losses of industrial growth in Upper Silesia in favour of other, less developed regions. These effects of the party's policy were partly counteracted by "particularistic" behaviour of strong forces within economic and regional party administration. Since the early sixties leading economic scientists in Poland and other Comecon countries have more and more adopted the conception, that economic growth could be best achieved by regional concentration of industrial investments. Immediately after the workers'revolts of 1956 and 1970, when the party's head group changed and when "socialist" growth conception was replaced by economic optimum considerations, the long-termed relative growth losses of Upper Silesian industries. (HSC).

Source

Article of periodic

published at : Kieler geographische Schriften

Editor :

Millesime : 1976, vol. 46  [PP. 1-230 p.]

Language

Allemand

Refdoc record number (ud4) : 12922009 : Permanent link - XML version
Powered by Pxxo