IGB

Connexion

(Article of periodic en Anglais - 2001)

Document title

The western suburb of medieval Dublin : its first century

Authors(s) and Affiliation(s)

DUDDY C. ;

Abstract

Situated to the west of the walled city, the western suburb of medieval Dublin was in its embryonic stages of development during the last decades of the 12th and throughout the 13th century. The first signs of westward expansion were the laying out of burgage plots in the area immediately outside the western mural-gate. This suburb experienced subdivision of plots soon afterwards. The first move toward this planned development of a western suburb was to found St Thomas's Priory in this western area in 1177

Source

Article of periodic

published at : Irish geography / ISSN 0075-0778

Editor : Geographical Society of Ireland, Dublin - IRLANDE (1947)

Millesime : 2001, vol. 34, no2 [pp. 157-175]

Bibliographic references : 32 ref.

Collation : Illustration ;

Language

Anglais

Localisation

Laboratoire INTERGEO - Paris

Tous droits réservés © Prodig - Bibliographie Géographique Internationale (BGI), 2003.
Refdoc record number (ud4) : 15243969 : Permanent link - XML version
Powered by Pxxo