IGB

Connexion

(Article of periodic en Anglais - 2005)

Document title

Slope of alluvial fans in humid regions of Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines

Authors(s) and Affiliation(s)

SAITO K. ; OGUCHI T. ;

Abstract

This study constructed a database for 600 alluvial fans in humid regions of Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines, and analyzed their slopes and other morphometric parameters such as the area and relief ratio of the source area. About 60% of the fans formed during the Holocene and the rest, 40%, formed during the Pleistocene. Mean fan slopes for both all the Quaternary fans follow a lognormal frequency distribution. The area and relief ratio of the source area, which correlate well with the fan slope, also follow a lognormal distribution, indicating the dimensions of fan/basin systems vary gradually rather than abruptly

Source

Article of periodic

published at : Geomorphology / ISSN 0169-555X

Editor : Elsevier, Amsterdam - PAYS-BAS (1987)

Millesime : 2005, vol. 70, no1-2 [pp. 147-162]

Bibliographic references : 89 ref.

Collation : Illustration ;

Language

Anglais

INIST-CNRS, Cote INIST : 21151

Tous droits réservés © Prodig - Bibliographie Géographique Internationale (BGI), 2006.
Refdoc record number (ud4) : 17632426 : Permanent link - XML version
Powered by Pxxo