IGB

Connexion

(Article of periodic en Anglais - 1996)

Document title

Cartography at Charles university in Prague

Authors(s) and Affiliation(s)

ČAPEK R. ;

Abstract

Czech cartography at Charles university connected with geography. The first lecture were held from 1880 in German and from 1885 in Czech. After the establishing of the Faculty of Sciences (1920) began to teach Cartography and Topography prof.B. Šalamon. Prof. V. Švambera, director of the Geographic institute of the university founded the State map collection (1920). Just a half century worked prof. K. Kuchař. He was not only a cartography teacher and scholar but also an organizer and practical cartographer. After his death the Department of cartography lacked a leader of his caliber. Today, the University Department of Cartography and Geoinformatics has seven graduate employees with a special pedagogical and research program. - (MS)

Source

Article of periodic

published at : Acta universitatis carolinae. Geographica / ISSN 0300-5402 / CODEN AUCGBZ

Editor : Universita Karlova, Praha - TCHECOSLOVAQUIE (1966)

Millesime : 1996, vol. 31, no1 [pp. 31-44]

Bibliographic references : 2 ref.

Collation : Illustration ;

Language

Anglais

INIST-CNRS, Cote INIST : 8423 M

Tous droits réservés © Prodig - Bibliographie Géographique Internationale (BGI), 1998.
Refdoc record number (ud4) : 5879444 : Permanent link - XML version
Powered by Pxxo